MINISIS Management for Museums
M3 is one of the world’s top collections management systems. It has been accredited three times by the CHIN Collections
Software Review and is consistently ranked in the top 5 worldwide.
Officially released in 1994, M3 was developed with the participation of experts from the museums/gallery community
to meet the needs of small, medium-sized, and large cultural institutions.
M3 is an ideal tool for users to enter, import/export, and manage collections data in an organized, easily manipulated,
and flexible fashion.
The M3 application was built to meet the general requirements of most cultural institutions. Its initial design
was based on information received from strategic partners during the development process and it is continually
updated with every new installation. Given more than 5000 pre-defined fields dealing with all aspects of
collection and exhibition management, only slight customization of the system is required to fulfill the
most particular of needs. Customization can be facilitated with the help of MINISIS Inc. professionals or,
thanks to the simplicity of the system, done by the client alone, thus avoiding both the initial premium
attached to a fully tailored system, and further costs for outside technical staff.
- Available as both a desktop based and an online application customizable to individual needs
- 5000+ predefined fields
- Pre-defined report formats and a complete report generator to build on-demand reports
- Over 50 pre-defined data entry worksheets
- Pre-defined query forms
- Template for an Internet interface
- SMA — Standard MINISIS Application — for easy customization
- User-friendly with context-sensitive help
- Fully multi-media compliant
- MINISIS is also 3X CHIN accredited
- Fields exist for any type of cultural institution or field of specialty
M3 Core System Functions
- Acquisitions, accessioning, and appraisals
- Cataloging for art, human history, natural history, and specialties
- Reproduction and publication services
- Museum education & promotion
- Object location, movement, and control
- Exhibition and loan management
- Loans in/out
- Conservation and preservation
- Risk management and valuation
- Covers the management of: archaeology, philately, numismatics, natural history, taxonomies, oral history,
human history, ethnology, science and technology, and archives
Click here for a product demo
Click on the image below to view or print a brochure.
Click here for an M3 Online specific brochure